Sunday, October 28, 2007

Lousy Fast Food Service

I am not sure if it is just me or what, but it seems like whenever I go out for fast food especially if I go through the drive through the service is absolutely horrible. For instance tonight I went to Taco John's to get supper for my wife and I, the person who answered on the speaker starts off with welcome to Taco John's may I help you, (at least that is what I think he said) so fast that it sounded like he was speaking in a foreign language. I then proceed to attempt to place my order, and the fool interrupted me 3 different times. When I go through a drive through, I always end my order with that will be all. So what does the idiot do next, you guessed it asked if that would be all. I then go around to the window the moron opens the window and just looks at me. I assume that this means that he wants the money, no hi, kiss my butt, not even what the total is again. I give him the money and then he throws the change at me and drops almost all of the coins on the ground. The guy then gives me our drinks. My wife wanted a Diet Pepsi and I wanted a Dr. Pepper, he just gave me the drinks and did not tell me which was which and the lids were not marked. I then asked the fool which was which and he replies "heck I am not sure, I think that the one in your right hand is the diet." Again no apology. Finally our food was ready and he gives it to me shuts the window without a thanks or anything. No mind you this is not an isolated incident this is just the incident that set me off tonight.



I can understand the argument that most of the time the people that work at fast food restaurants are high school aged kids working for minimum wage or slightly above. I feel that is no excuse. In high school I worked for minimum wage at a gas station. I always made sure to be polite and say thank you to every single customer. There were several reasons for this. One reason being is if my boss got a complaint that would not be cool. Another reason being that if my parents found out they would have my butt. My parents raised me to treat people the way that I would want to be treated. The last and most important reason is self pride. I have always prided myself on being a respectful person and being kind to others.

In my current profession I am required to always be fair, kind, and respectful towards the people that I deal with. I am employed as a 911 operator, so as one can imagine people are not always the nicest towards me because lets face it people don't call 911 because they are having a good day. I have been a 911 operator for over seven years and I have had maybe 4 or 5 complaints made against me and they have all been unfounded. I am not trying to brag, but if I can be courteous, kind, fair, and respectful towards people that are having emergencies, I think Joe High School can show those same qualities dealing with fast food.

No comments: