Friday, November 16, 2007

Long Time No Post

Sorry that it has been so long since my last post. I have been very busy the past few days. I did finally get called with my physical results and I passed. So effective November 26, 2007, I will be a paid firefighter!!! I am really looking forward to it since I have worked so hard to get it. I am really going to miss dispatching. I have made a lot of good friends and had a lot of memorable calls. One of the guys on my shift at dispatch is going to throw a going away party for me which I thought was very cool.

In my new job I will be working straight days 0700-1630 Monday through Saturday. I have to work these hours for 4 weeks. My first 24 hour shift will be on Christmas Day. Once I am on my shift I work 24 hours every other day for 3 shifts and then I am off for 4 days. This ends up equaling out to working right around 10 days per month. This schedule will give me a lot more free time, which I am really looking forward to. Hopefully this will give me more time to blog.

1 comment:

Kat Mortensen said...

Hey! Don't know if you ever check your blog out, but I just wanted to say "hello" and I hope your job is going well. Stop by if you get a chance.

All the best!
Kat