Wednesday, November 7, 2007

New Job

I got called yesterday to go take my physical for a new job as a paid firefighter. I have been ecstatic since getting the call yesterday. I have been a volunteer firefighter for 8 years and I am now going to get paid to do something that I love to do for free. I enjoy my current job as a dispatcher but I know that I am going to love my new job. I will probably be starting at the fire department around the first of December. I know that I will be on the ambulance for several years before getting on the engine full time but I love doing ems calls. I don't have much to say today, maybe tomorrow when I come back down from the cloud I am on I will have something intelligent to say.

2 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

Congratulations! You must be very excited. I admire people who put themself out there for others. I will keep you in my prayers to be safeguarded.

Did I tag you for a meme? If you check out my blog, you'll see where I've mentioned you and you can find all the info.

Poetikat
www.hyggedigter.blogspot.com

Sunny said...

Awesome stuff!! I worked as a Dispatcher for the Liberty City Po-Po, Pickens City Po-Po, and Liberty City FD about 5 years ago. I loved the job- but detested the Cheif to the point I finally quit.

Good luck on the new position! All those guys are the BEST to work with!!